Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A-Haunting We Will Go

After last week's assault of severed shrunken heads, bodies sewn together, and flesh eating graveyard ghouls, how about a fun little story that you can actually read with your kids? Yes, call me a wimpy kook but here’s a harmless adventure about a kid with the one power in the world people of all ages wished they too could possess--- THE POWER OF INVISIBILITY! Oh the things I could do if no one could see me. (NOTE: This power is only equal to the other awesome powers of stopping time, or x-ray vision.)
Invisible Boy one-shot, from the March '53 issue of Approved Comics #2
Cover painting by Norm Saunders






6 comments:

Unknown said...

Gee willikers! I like it.

Anonymous said...

AWWWW..... CUTE STORY, ART REMINDS ME OF TUSKA. I DON'T MIND THESE YOUNGER TYPE OF STORIES OCCASIONALLY, THEY DONT ALL HAVE TO BE BLUDGEONING GLIMPSES INTO DEMENTED ADULT TERROR.

Mr. Karswell said...

>THEY DONT ALL HAVE TO BE BLUDGEONING GLIMPSES INTO DEMENTED ADULT TERROR.

Well I'm glad to hear that, thanks. What's everyone think of that painted Saunders cover?

Anonymous said...

Love the Saunders cover painting, he's certainly one of the greatest.

The Vicar of VHS said...

I secretly always wanted a Jughead hat like the one the kid is wearing in the last panel.

And I laughed entirely too long at the "ghost" fleeing sound effects.

S-W-ISSHHHH! SLAM!

That kills me.

Mr. Karswell said...

>S-W-ISSHHHH! SLAM!

Wha?? Was that a ghost or my 4 year old trying to use the toilet all by himself again?