Tuesday, November 6, 2007

MAD Zombies

It’s been ages since I’ve picked up a copy of MAD Magazine, but the current “Zombie Issue” with a worm riddled Alfred E. Neuman munchin’ a brain on the cover had me quickly adding it to the grocery cart. Well, I got home and was about half way through reading it when I suddenly remembered why I don’t buy MAD anymore. But in all fairness this issue is not a total loss. The eternally awesome Sergio Aragones still delivers the goods with his brilliantly clever “Look At Zombies” strips… and I suppose there’s a few other moments scattered here and there throughout the issue that are chuckle-worthy, in particular one really funny gag concerning a hate crime against a mummy family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mad does suck now........when i was a kid couldnt wait for the new issue now its all ads and unfunny crap and bad artists

but aragones does still rule!!!!!

Filip said...

Dobar si!!!
Dođi malo do mene!

Anonymous said...

I GOT SUCKERED INTO BUYING THIS ISSUE TOO. DEFINITELY WORTH IT FOR THE SERGIO STRIPS, ELF DROPPINGS WAS PRETTY FUNNY TOO THOUGH.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO SPY VS SPY? IT BARELY EVEN MAKES SENSE ANYMORE

Mr. Karswell said...

In a weird role reversal, the Cracked website is a million times funnier than anything MAD has done in the last 20 years. And I used to hate Cracked!

Check it out:
http://www.cracked.com/

B-Sol said...

That is one bad-ass cover! For the record, I always preferred Cracked as a kid. Long live Sylvester P. Smythe!