Friday, November 16, 2007

Death By Witchcraft

While GCD claims that Vic Donahue possibly performed the inks here, they also claim that Rudy Palais was on pencils (I have some serious doubts about this; it doesn’t look like he even remotely touched this story in my opinion.) [I agree, but the GCD entry still stands. Did Palais ever do inks? I would find that more likely. -- Nequam] But whoever was responsible for the nifty illustrative duties here, this is definitely one classy Harvey tale of wanton witchcraft and eternal evil.

From the July 1951 issue of Witches Tales #4








8 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and the circle continues

Anonymous said...

We must be on the same wavelength. My thoughts exactely - the neverending cycle....

Anonymous said...

EXCELLENT TALE! THIS WEEKS POSTS ALL SEEM TO BE ABOUT MOOD AND THE OPENING SPLASH REALLY SETS AN EERIE ONE.

Anonymous said...

this doesnt look like palais to me either.......but it looks like gcd is wrong for this issues credit entries

they have palais listed for 3 of the 4 stories which is also doubtful

Mr. Karswell said...

>looks like gcd is wrong

I think you're right, possibly this partial info (though not all incorrect) is just put there as a place holder. It's a real nightmare at times figuring who did what in these old comics, especialy when alot of artists were paid to basically just rip-off or swipe from someone else. And some of them were pretty damn good at aping someone else's style.

Speaking of nightmares, get ready for NIGHTMARE WEEKEND which kicks off here tomorrow morn! See ya then!

Adriano (Adrio) Petrucci said...

the stories of the crypt; they macaws very beautiful. compliments!!! also compliment for the blog! there is not unfortunately to lot of space in the world of the comic strips for the theme of the horror. hi and good job ! I don't Speak Well English, I Hope not to Have been Offensive!

Mr. Karswell said...

>I don't Speak Well English, I Hope not to Have been Offensive!

No worries Adrio, I couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks for stopping by and admiring the.. uh... macaws.

Lethargic said...

And the other man,I met him a year or so ago, I remember him because we was wearing a condom on his head!