Monday, September 14, 2026

Susan and the Devil

I'm working on a larger double-feature post which will be coming up here very shortly. In the meantime, dig this hot little four-page danger dame charmer from the September 1953 issue of Crime Mysteries #9! A story so wonderfully wicked, it'll leave you wrapped around Susan's lovely little finger and burning for more! As always, stay tombed...

8 comments:

RickH said...

And the Devils is a babe! Must be a little chilly in Hell...

Bill the Butcher said...

What a cute devil! Now if only she were a lesbian, Susan would be fine.

Brian Barnes said...

As an atheist, I am now, for the first time in my life, wishing hell existed!

This is a great little 4 pager. It's a standard story with a pretty funny ending tacked on (BTW, how do we know Satan isn't a lesbian or bi etc?) with the over the top good girl art (almost everything she wears is impossible clothes, to tight, to form fitting, etc) and she really leaves a trail of corpses behind her. I have to appreciate her work ethic of being murderous!

The art has some real stand out panels. Page 3, panel 3 is great staging, and the pictures of jurors on page 3 could come from MAD magazine!

Who penciled this? It's great and I swear I've seen this before. It's sad the artist seems to be unknown.

JMR777 said...

I might be wrong about this, but the art in this one is similar (but not identical) to the art in 'Spawn of the Cat' posted here back in March 21, 2022.

Again, I could be mistaken, but both tales do feature femme fatales in form fitting finery.

Mr. Karswell said...

Shhhh… she’ll make you pay dearly for that comment!

Mr. Karswell said...

Some definite similarities

Mr. Karswell said...

Well, the Lesbian Lucifer comments were definitely predicted / expected. Congrats gents…

There’s a double dose of creepy crime horror up next, —see ya at the movies!

Grant said...

Since the jury is all-male, I'd like to see a mash-up of this story and 12 ANGRY MEN.