Monday, January 12, 2015

NECA'S "Fiend" / Crimson Ghost Action Figures

Fans of the old serial from 1946 (and also fans of The Misfits) might be interested in this new posable 8" action figure / doll from Neca of the iconic skull-faced villain The Crimson Ghost. Comes in two versions, the black and white "Fiend" style like I bought (see my pix below), and also a "Crimson" caped version-- click HERE to see it! It's a cool figure, but I have to say everything about the production feels a bit bare bones for the price, and combined with the sloppy paint job on the teeth, plus the ho hum backing board (front and back) design, I almost passed on it. It comes with an extra hand to hold the candelabra, --but unfortunately no death ray! Still a must have for a fan like me, he's super fun to pose and menace your other toys with!

(Photos by Mr. Karswell)




3 comments:

JMR777 said...

Well, look on the bright side, Karswell, now that it is yours you can modify and customize it to your black heart's content. With a bit of modeling paint and a bit of a touch up here and there the fiend can have blood dripping from his fingers and teeth, a little glow in the dark paint and his ghastly grin can haunt your action figures in the dark. etc.

Sometimes when I get dealt a bad hand from a purchase, I will mope for a day or two and then try to make the most of it, or try to improve my purchase to suit my tastes and needs. I won't let disappointment sour my mood for long.

Like they say, when life gives you lemons, put it in a squirt gun and spray it in the werewolf's eyes (they hate that worse than silver bullets.)

Mr. Karswell said...

I did a little home dental work on him and already he looks 99% better... I still want a death ray for him tho

Mr. Karswell said...

Also noticed on Trick or Treat Studios website today that later this year they're releasing an official Crimson Ghost Halloween mask too