Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Happy Undertaker (ARTIST SPOTLIGHT)

If you haven’t found him yet in my extensive links list at the bottom of this page, Drazen Kozjan’s The Happy Undertaker is a morbidly fun series of illustrative dark tales not to be missed! It’s spooky and kooky, like a twisted children’s book gone terribly wrong. I seem to hope for too much by checking his blog every week for an update, but once I’m there I always find myself re-reading all the past posts again and again and constantly discovering some subtle little something else that I missed previously in the art. Click HERE for some true greatness!

And be sure to also visit his online portfolio HERE for even more goodies!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW THIS IS GREAT STUFF! SOME OF THESE HAD ME LAUGHING OUT LOUD. I DO CONFESS THOUGH THERE ARE A COUPLE THAT I DON'T FULLY UNDERSTAND BUT THAT JUST MAKES THEM EVEN MORE INTRIGUING.

Anonymous said...

love it! creepy is the new cute.

Mr. Karswell said...

I truly applaud modern artists like Drazen who can work convincingly and remain fully original in this stylistic retro-mode without looking like they're just copying Jim Flora or Ray Favata.

Anonymous said...

Сказово! Работа Drazen nice!

Anonymous said...

Totally digging this!

Anonymous said...

I think my favorite is episode 10.

Anonymous said...

Excellent!

Anonymous said...

Some cool stuff. Very interesting.

Mr. Karswell said...

My favorite episode is #2, I just adore the idea of a singing cowboy caught in an eternal ghost-loop and murdering his true love.

Drazen said...

Thanks for the positive feedback Karswell and everyone!

Anonymous said...

Outstanding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!