Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy Birthday (To Me)

May Day! May Day! Karswell reaches another milestone today, the BIG 4-0… can you believe it? And is it any wonder I arrived on Walpurgis Day? Anyway, as mentioned we’ll be spending some time this week showcasing the art of my all-time fave--- Bill Everett! It’s my party and I’ll Everett if I want too.


Also this month you can look forward to an Ace monster fest, some Edgar Allan Poe posts, lots more horror movie related stuff, maybe more Ken Shannon, more blog cross-over promotions with Pappy, and lots more things that go blog in the night than any other blog in the blogosphere! The fun begins as soon as someone gets that spicy shish-kabob out of my face…

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

John will never eat shish kebab again!

Chuck Wells said...

Happy Birthday, Karswell!

May the undead tickle your fancy today (and I did appreciate that Ken Shannon tease, yay).

Everett was great alright, and the four-armed chick brings up interesting possibilites .... for us degenerates that is.

The Vicar of VHS said...

Whenever I see that pic I always think it's David Naughton--who incidentally I saw at Fangoria and totally forgot about.

Anyway, Happy Birthday! And no, I'm not really the Vicar of VHS--I'm someone else wearing a perfectly life-like mask as part of my complicated revenge slasher scheme. And I'm KEE-RAZY! WOOBAWOOBAWOOBA! NYAH-NYAH-NAY!

Anonymous said...

Aww, 40 ain't so bad. I turned it last year and I'm still okay.

I think...

Happy birthday.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARSWELL!!

Anthony said...

Happy Birthday, Karswell- though with the Everett post it would seem that you are giving us the gifts this year and not the other way around.

May 40 treat you well!

Patrick said...

Hey Karswell, congrats on the big 40! I am turning 41 soon, so 40 is no big deal! Even though it's not father's day, you should still stumble around and croak "Where's my cake?"!

Happy Birthday, and thanks for keeping me entertained with your awesome blog!

Mr. Karswell said...

Thanks everybody!

Todd Franklin said...

Have a ghoul-of-a-good time on your birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Karswell!just remember to feed Asmodeus the stripper inside the cake!...and thank you for giving me a reason to keep my internet connection.

Dane said...

Happy birthday, Karswell! Many creepy returns.

Mr. Karswell said...

Thanks again ya'll!

cube said...

Happy belated birthday. Haven't you heard, 40 is the new 30.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARSWELL!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How sad, a man of 40 still reading comics. Just kidding, I'm 50 and still reading them. Happy birthday and may your comic collection grow with the years.