Friday, July 18, 2008

You Are the Murderer!

This one treads deep into EC territory but comes up in the end with some nice surprises of its own... add to that a spooky splash and typically gorgeous Art Gates art. I always love stories with a screaming title that shifts the blame onto the reader for its doomed finale. YOU DID IT!

From the September 1953 issue of Crime Mysteries #9










For another fun, though much less dark crime tale, head over to Chuck’s Comic Book Catacombs today by clicking HERE! And get ready, because tomorrow I’m totally going to give you all the finger!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dave Tackett vs. Deadite!"Just got my THOIA T-shirt and it's already saved me. Just after opening the package, a strange, swirly time-vortex opened and a hideous Deadite jumped through. It was about to strike me down when it noticed the t-shirt. Suitably impressed, it immediately began replacing its outdated medieval tunic with the latest in terror fashion. This bought me some time. Thinking quickly, I opened THOIA on my computer which has completely captivated the Deadite. I am now safe for a long time because, fortunately, Deadites are slow readers who like to linger over the art in each panel."
Thanks, Dave


Great pic Dave, and whew--- that was indeed a close call! I’m glad you were able to hold off a sinister soul swallower. And how very convenient that it wears the same size shirt as you!

FYI: Dave is the Star Commander of Quasar Dragon, one of the best blog sources around for finding a variety of instant links to FREE sci-fi, horror, and fantasy comics, movies, zines, short stories etc… check him out by clicking HERE, and prepare to be overwhelmed!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Is there some statute of limitations on who is the murderer? Anyone born after 1953 ought to get a break.

Chuck Wells said...

I didn't even realize that I was guilty ..... at least of this infraction. Heh, heh! Great story by the way.

Karswell, visit the Nedor-A-Day blog for another crime/horror tale that Kid Terror inadvertently posted today.

We must be experiencing some serendipity this week!

Frederick said...

Please. somebody tell me where she's buried! I can't live with this on my conscience! HURRY, her air is almost gone!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm disappointed the story wasn't in the style of one of those "Choose Your Own Adventure" books.

Tenebrous Kate said...

It's SWAMITASTIC!

Seriously, one of you brave gents needs to bring back the turban-and-suit look. That is what's lacking in contemporary fashion.

Mr. Cavin said...

Fantastic. I don't know what my favorite thing is. Possibly, it's that Tom falls totally in love with the unconscious Darlene long before he's ever even met her. "She just fell down so fetchingly." Or, maybe it's that even after she's already become more interested in him than her husband Krisanda, Tom still goes off and shoots the poor yogi. But I bet it's panel four, page five, where Tom is shooting the yogi with lightening from his nose. I've heard of looking daggers at someone, but never smelling daggers at them.

Anonymous said...

OKAY I'LL ADMIT IT, I AM THE MURDERER!! AND IF I'M NOT, CAN I BE? REALLY REALLY GOOD STORY TODAY, AND YOUR RIGHT IT DOES FEEL A BIT LIKE A CRIMESUSPENSE TALE FROM EC. LOVE THOSE CLOSE-UPS OF DARLENE ON PAGE 6. DO THEY EVEN SHOW PEOPLE SMOKING IN COMICS ANYMORE?

silvano said...

You can't go wrong with vintage EC comics ...
Thanks for sharing !

Unknown said...

It's SWAMITASTIC!

I know the lyrics contest is not until next week, but just for your own edification, check out "Swami" by William Penn Fyve.

Mr. Karswell said...

I don't know what to say here today, I'm really disappointed that all of you criminals let that nice young lady suffocate. To death even! I blame the system mostly though.

Thanks again for a great mourn of comments, and as mentioned coming this weekend it's Sci-Fi time. Now for those of you who hate sci-fi please remember this is THOIA brand sci-fi, which means it's more heavy on the horror elements, though you may still find a space ship or an overbearing theoretical explanation or two. But I will add that it's also going to be a total monster-rama fest--- so batten down yer hatches!

And TGIF!

Mr. Cavin said...

I'm really disappointed that all of you criminals let that nice young lady suffocate

Sheesh. It isn't like she wasn't embalmed. I mean this wasn't the eighteen fifties.

Kitty LeClaw said...

What an excellent splash page!!

The heat and humidity is making my whiskers droop. Or, could it be... CATALEPSYS???

Patrick said...

Great story! The first page is great, gotta love hooded skeletons in old graveyards!

This one was a bit harder to come up with lyrics... Thankfully you can always rely on a band like VENOM to come through when it comes to horror lyrics... So here are their lyrics to "Buried Alive"...

"I'm alive but dead, awake but asleep
As friend gather round and mourners they weep
My mind thinks of all the things I have done
My body is cold but my heart beat goes on
And on................and on

As they lower me down into that hole in the ground
I scream out for help but they hear not a sound
I fear at the lid, my fingers they bleed
Is this happening to me or is it just a dream
Summon the dead..........
Baphomets call...........
Blood on my hands........

"Let me out of here"

My bones are decayed, my flesh it doth rot
I'm lying in silk, take the lid off this box
My lungs gasp for air, my eyes scream for sight
I promise the rise of my body this night
Summon the dead..........
Baphomets call...........
Blood on my hands........
Screaming in torment.....
I'm felling you all......
Take heed of my plea.....
Answer my call...........
I'm gonna be free........"

I can't wait for the sci-fi monster rama... Nothing better than outer space creeps!!!

Dave Tackett said...

Let's see, he killed Krisanda because Darlene was going to divorce him? I'd hate to see how mad he would have been if she'd said no.

And thanks for promoting me from space cadet to star commander!

Ger Apeldoorn said...

Earliest realistic Art Gates art I have ever seen...