Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Skeleton’s Gibbet

At first I thought I had the most disgustingly titled pre-code comic book story of all time for you today. But then I read it again and realized the word was not “giblet” but actually gibbet (which is just an alternate name for a gallows.) Don’t get me wrong, this is still a good story, it’s just Skeleton’s Giblet could have no doubt been a true nauseating classic. Can you imagine what the splash page would have looked like? Wertham could have had a field day with it…

From the April 1954 issue of The Unseen #14







4 comments:

Mr. Karswell said...

Hurrah! It looks like everything is back to normal with the image scans opening in the browser properly like they used to. Previous posts that were affected by this sudden glitch seem to still be showing the pop-up though.

Anonymous said...

Ha I read the title wrong just like you. Nice way to start my Tuesday morning off with a hot serving of giblets and a good haunted hanging.

Anonymous said...

GREAT STORY! I'VE BEEN CURIOUS ABOUT STORIES FROM THE UNSEEN SERIES, HOPE TO SEE MORE!

Mr. Karswell said...

>CURIOUS ABOUT STORIES FROM THE UNSEEN SERIES, HOPE TO SEE MORE!

No problem! Apparently I've only posted one Unseen story so far (No Rest For The Dead back in July.) I hope to get to more in the near future too.