Monday, October 26, 2009

THOIA DRAW ME Contest #2 (VOTE NOW!)

As with the DRAW BOB HOPE Contest that we held back in August, the rules this time were just as simple: Draw the lovely lady pictured below as featured in the classic comic book ad from the 50's, only this time give her the THOIA treatment:



Nine of you rose to the challenge, and all of them are superb! Now the problem is, who to vote for?!! The rules for voting are just as simple this time too: view the submissions below and using the survey at the top of my blog (right hand column) just click the name of your favorite! The winner will be decided when the survey ends on October 31st--- Halloween! The winner gets a THOIA tee shirt, horror dvds, leftover Halloween candy and possibly a few other surprises! Thanks again to all who entered, and good luck to each and every one of you too!

Severed Head by Apocolyte
Princess Diamond by Kitty LeClaw
Kiss Me by J.P. Morgan
Cyclops by Ernest Kwiat

Torn Cheek by Mike Howlett

AIEEEE! by Brian James Riedel

The Tongue by Derek Lewis

Grey Matter by Ness
Transformation by Jamieson

17 comments:

Prof. Grewbeard said...

good grief, Great Pumpkin, how am i supposed to choose between all this awesomeness?!?...

Chuck Wells said...

I have to agree with the Professor, Karswell.

That is an exceptionally tough field to choose from. Quality abounds, but I will find a way to "suck it up" and make a choice.

Anonymous said...

SO MANY GOOD ONES TO CHOOSE FROM!!! I AM IMPRESSED SOMEONE ACTUALLY CREATED A VIDEO TOO HAAA AWESOME.

Mykal Banta said...

Excellent work, one and all! No suprise, though, since one of the premier comics blogs in this (or any other) world is bound to draw talent. I must choose, though. Tough choice! -- Mykal

Mike H said...

As much as I should have voted for my own entry (so I'd get at least one vote!), I was moved by "Kiss Me" by J.P. Morgan... it really appeals to my sense of the absurd! Plus, I'm a big reptile lover. She's bee-yoo-tiful!

Great entries all!

Mr. Cavin said...

Well it's pretty damn obvious who's going to be winning this one. Okay, just kidding, I only wanted to say something completely different from everyone else.

I am particularly pleased with the effect of leaving the rest of the ad around the newly messed-up original girl. That's so totally cute. Way to go everybody! These are all just great.

Mr. Karswell said...

Yep, a wildly talented group of individuals gathered here for this contest... more proof that no other blog in the world has readers like THOIA! Thanks everyone! Keep the votes coming, and please tell your friends too.

Annnnnnnd-- a new pre-code story will be posted shortly!

merricat said...

I, too, have always wanted to wear a cat upon my head....

Joey Deadcat said...

Dig 'em all! Hard for me to pick! Had my own drawn up but my scanner picked a fine time to act up on me! Ah, well - next contest...;)

Joey Deadcat said...

And that severed head one - Wolverton would've been proud!

THE APOCOLYTE said...

Wow! I knew this competition would be fierce! So many amazing creative minds! Great stuff!

Unknown said...

Way cool! And I'm supposed to choose or something??

Runs.with.Ferals said...

Damn, Lily~ so sad you didn't jump into this fray ! I voted for your Bacon & Eggs Bob in the last contest~ it was such a wonderfully kooky concept !

HEH said...

Wow, such good entries. I went with torn cheek by Howlett because the alteration was simple like the original source's style.

Nice work everybody!

Squa Tront said...

After much deliberation I've cast my vote for Kitty LeClaw's 'Kiss Me'- though everyone deserves a pat on the back for these fine bunch of entries.

And a very honourable mention for Ness and the movie - well, above and beyond the call of duty

Squa Tront said...

Addendum: Whoops! Er...I mean't J.P. Morgan didn't I?

So I've been and voted for the wrong one but hey-ho ;)

Anonymous said...

Fine work, all around, but I'm partial to Ernie Kwiat's smart, New Yorker- style interpretation.