Wednesday, March 14, 2012

17th Annual HAASHOW Highlights

Before we continue with more comic book horror classics, I thought I'd share some photos I took last weekend at the 17th Annual Halloween & Haunted Attractions Show, aka "HAASHOW" held here in STL MO. This show is a must see event for seasoned veterans or newbies involved in the world of haunted attractions, and is the only trade show that features vendors from across the nation and overseas covering every aspect of the horror business, from ticketing to makeup and sound FX to giant animatronics, masks, props, concessions, etc. Terrifying favorites: Scare Factory, Midnight Studios, CFX, Immortal Masks, Ghost Ride, Gore Galore, Poison Props, Hauntrepreneurs, and Trick or Treat Studios (who I bought a Gruesome mask from!) I also got to meet Tony Moran-- the ORIGINAL face of Michael Myers!

































EEEK! The Horror of it All!

(click HERE!)

12 comments:

Frank Forte said...

Pretty damn cool!! I used to be the art director/ co owner for STAGEFRIGHT STUDIOS--We made haunted house props in the 90's. I hear our products have stood the test of time and our animatronics are sought after in the industry--anyway--another time another life.

Mr. Karswell said...

That's cool Frank, the horror industry is the most fun industry of them all! Endlessly inventive and full of imagination (and blood!)

Runs.with.Ferals said...

too cool. makes me wanna bust out some clay, make a few molds, and be a vendor !

Mr. Karswell said...

Do it Dex, it's never too late to create!

Trevor said...

I remember being a kid and going through my first dark ride. That feeling of suspense as the track-car disappears behind the curtain. Not knowing what to expect. The smell of cotton candy and track grease. It was a big event. Anyway, thanks for the links to the vendors. Very cool

Mr. Karswell said...

Thanks Dylan, this is just a very small selection of pix from the show (I took about a zillion), so I may post some more later this month. I also grabbed a TON of brochures from the better vendors and may scan from some of those as well.

Thanks for looking!

Brian Barnes said...

That house -- is it a fake front or something more substantial -- is the coolest thing I've ever seen at one of these shows. That's just a great idea, I've never seen it before but it's obvious in hindsight.

What was that made of, were you near enough to tell?

Mr. Karswell said...

This was the Hauntrepreneurs booth, Gumba... it was a great fascade they had on display and indeed very very cool. I talked to the owner for a few minutes, he was super fascinating. Here's their link where you can find out more:

http://hauntrepreneurs.com/

Drazen said...

Thats pretty awesome!

Mr. Karswell said...

Thanks Draz, hopefully next year I'll be buying a Happy Undertaker mask from a vendor! :))

Andy said...

Fantastic stuff! Why am I not employed in the horror industry???

A Hot Party said...

Nice Article