Monday, April 26, 2010

Step into My Grave!

The November 1952 issue of Baffling Mysteries #11 has 4 great stories (I hope to post more from this issue later this summer), but "Step into My Grave!" is my favorite... you definitely can't go wrong with a haunted zombie tale containing a line like:

"Your living heart shall be torn from your tortured body before the eyes of your brother!"









Fans of Larry Blamire's hilarious cult classic "The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra" will be pleased to know that you can now pre-order the long-awaited sequel "The Lost Skeleton Returns Again" on DVD from Amazon (click HERE!) And if that's not enough, you can also pre-order Larry's tribute to the old dark house murder mystery movie--- "Dark and Stormy Night" (click HERE!) Both films are available August 17th, 2010!

7 comments:

Daniel [oeconomist.com] said...

…but it's okay, because Emma was killed too.

Mykal Banta said...

What a great story and art. Now that's a story with great zombies! Page 6 is my favorite, with the zombies filling the swamp. I love the one with the brain veins exposed. Great stuff. And I am in for the "skeleton" sequel. I have a powerful crush on Fay Masterson.

Anonymous said...

YES I AM LOVING THESE ACE TALES! ALWAYS HIGH QUALITY ART AND STORYTELLING AND I AGREE WITH MYKAL GREAT ZOMBIES!!

MAN IVE BEEN DYING TO SEE THE LOST SKELETON SEQUEL FOR YEARS, THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!!!!

Mike H said...

Fantabulous story! I always like a sexy dame with a whip.

Prof. Grewbeard said...

this one would've made a great AIP B-movie, starring Allison Hayes of course(rowrr!)and maybe Richard Denning, who i don't like but it would have been fun to see him die horribly...

Anonymous said...

Very good story. Is this the same artist as the previous post?

Mr. Karswell said...

>Is this the same artist as the previous post?

Hmmm, could be! Good eye anon. Unfortunantly when it comes to uncredited Ace Comics we'll just have to stick to guessing. I guess.

A funny batch of comments on this one, thanks to all who bothered. And thanks again to Larry Blamire for the heads up about his DVD releases this summer, totally looking forward to these!

Conjuring up the next post for you all now... keep it right here.