Thursday, August 21, 2008

Patty McCormack / H. P. Lovecraft

Happy Birthday, Patty McCormack, born this day in 1945 in Brooklyn NY. Most famously and fondly remembered for her ultra-chilling child role as Rhoda Penmark in the murderous kid classic The Bad Seed (’56), she has starred in a variety of top notch genre film and television throughout her truly amazing career.


And for shame, yesterday we completely overlooked the birth of H. P. Lovecraft who turned 118. Thanks to the Quasar Dragon for reminding us.

8 comments:

Enrico Teodorani said...

This is the best blog EVER!

Anonymous said...

I'LL SECOND WHAT THE FIRST GUY SAID, AND HAPPY BDAY PATTY AND HPL!!

Mr. Karswell said...

I'll third what the first and second guys said. Thanks buds!

The Headless Werewolf said...

Jeez, I completely missed HPL's birthday, too. Thanks for waking me up. And, my god, that illustration of Lovecraft is amazing. Where does it come from?

Mr. Karswell said...

>Where does it come from?

Found it buried somewheres amongst the intert00bs.

Dane said...

Hell, I'll fourth it!

Anonymous said...

But if Lovecraft is dead who will take care of his brother?......GYAAAAAHHHHHHH!.

Anonymous said...

Wow, The Bad Seed. Haven't seen that flick since I was a child.
Spooked me something awful.

AEM