It seems hard to believe, but on this day 14 years ago in 2012, Haunted Horror (IDW / Yoe Books) was unleashed upon the world. Running 35 issues until its final breath in June of 2018, Haunted Horror wasn't just your typical, run of the mill reprint comic series. Nope, it literally captured the beating heart and blackened soul of The Horrors of it All blog, producing a scary spin-off series or two, as well as a handful of great hard and soft cover collections to boot. And the countless hours of gore, sweat, 'n fears in the 'ol horror hosting / editing processes be damned, because despite all of the headaches and soul crushing financial aggravations, it still feels oddly "worth it" today. Plus, it's still a blast to hear from the many collector fans out there who continue to write in asking what's next. I wish I had some answers for you, cuz apparently it's just this blog for now. Anyway, I thought I'd repost a few of the better stories from the landmark HH #1 here today, but ya know, why retread old ground? I mean, all of those stories are already in the THOIA Archive after all! Instead, let's meet a very different kind of fun, "Haunted Horror" from the July 1944 issue of Wow Comics #27. We haven't done a silly super hero story yet this month anyway, --so here goes! And once again, a big Happy Birthday salute to the very late, eternally great Haunted Horror series too!

No comments:
Post a Comment