Friday, June 30, 2023

TerrorVision '88

Not to be confused with the great 1986 sci-fi horror film of the same name, this TerrorVision is instead the very short-lived, seven episode mini series of eerie anthology tales (each one only 10 minutes long) that originally aired on the Lifetime Channel in March of 1988. Monsters, vampires, cursed severed hands, living dead, living mannequins, and more! If you love reading the kooky, low-fi stories I post here at THOIA, then you might enjoy these horrifically cheeseball horror shorts as well, (did I mention how bad the acting is?) And thankfully, someone kindly posted all 7 episodes into one big creepy clip on YouTube that you can watch by CLICKING HERE!

4 comments:

Brian Barnes said...

Watched the first two, first one is pretty hokey -- second one has some good corner of the eye stuff going on but really didn't have a good ending in mind. I'll have to watch the rest of these but thanks for posting this!

JMR777 said...

No comments yet? I guess I will make a comment then- it looks like the film makers were aiming for Creepshow but ended up with a poor version of The Hitchhiker minus the narrator.

These tales would work so much better as horror comic tales, though "Reflections of a Murder" would have made a decent enough Night Gallery episode, with a better cast and crew.

Any anthology horror is worth a look, and Terrorvision falls under the category 'Good enough for a viewing or two'.

Thanks for bringing this anthology to our attention, Karswell.

Mr. Cavin said...

I keep meaning to comment, but I haven't had the opportunity to watch any of this yet! I love anthology horror and have this open in a nearby tab to view one of these nights. I promise!

Mr. Karswell said...

I mean, it's not Creepshow or Amicus or anything, but 10 minute horror episodes like this ain't exactly wastin' your time either... just put 'em on and have fun like you're reading one of my THOIA posts.

We'll take a trip out to the shore next, as July 2023 finally gets rollin'-- thanks for the comments