Wednesday, October 9, 2019

GHOSTS! IN STORES NOW!

From the terror team that curdled your blood with Haunted Horror, Zombies, Return of the Zombies, Haunted Love, Swamp Monsters, and Mummies, Ghosts is the latest and ghastly greatest in the Classic Monsters of Pre-Code Horror comics collections. Edited by Mr. Karswell, aka Steve Banes, plus an eerie introduction by comic writer / fan favorite, jolting John Rozum! Over 128 pages of appalling apparitions, formidable phantoms, shuddery seances, shivery spooks 'n specters, and evil wraiths with much more than just revenge on their murdered minds! Just in time for Halloween too!  



CLICK HERE for more information, and go to Amazon to order your copy NOW! And here's a FULL STORY PREVIEW from the collection to get your goosebumps a'jumpin'!













And CLICK HERE to see a story that didn't make the GHOSTS collection, but is still a load of spooky fun none the less!

5 comments:

Mestiere said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John said...

Kongrats on what looks to be another fine collection!

Brian Barnes said...

Congratulations on the book!

Honestly, how long would it take me to become friends (again) with Mona's ghost? If she's always going to be hanging out, then I'm basically going to chat with her all the time. I'll eventually run out of snarky replies to "you're going to die horribly" but I'll do my best!

I like how Mona gets to come back in sexy dance wear. I can only hope when I come back as a ghost it's in a burlap sack, I don't think I can pull off the sexy dance wear.

I think the story missed a fun visual by not making a "space" future graveyard instead of just showing a future city. Yet, by the way, the ending is probably one of the worst fates I can imagine.

Some decent good girl art in this, but the rest of the art is relatively static. Certainly a good ghostly tale.

JBM said...

The off-beat coloring works very well on this one for my tastes. Beautiful drawings. relentless plot. I especially liked the ghost flying in the opposite direction of the plane. Thank you so much Mr.K.!

Mr. Cavin said...

I dig the odd art. It is a little stiff, but I found it really compelling anyway. Kind of like a story told in playing cards or Byzantine icons. There's a grotesque nature to the character art that feels Ditko-like in spirit, even though the draftsmanship isn't particularly similar. I love the first, and very colorful, buried cadaver panel at the bottom of page five.

I was delighted that they included the future in the last frame. After running the seasons it was an unexpected next step, and felt like storytelling gumption to me. How overused was this plot point at the time? Michigan J. Frog didn't appear till the post-code, after all.