Saturday, December 24, 2016

The Puppets of Death!

Did somebody ask Santa for puppets this xmas? Thought so! And you know that Mr. Klauswell is always more than happy to give the gift that creeps on giving! So Happy Horrordays, gang-- hope everyone gets everything little thing they want and deserve this season. We might be back for a few more before the end of the year, we'll see how the scheduling goes-- so stay tombed! From the February 1953 issue of Mysterious Adventures #12, art by Jon D'Agostino.













7 comments:

Mestiere said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glowworm said...

"I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me fret, or make me frown. I had strings but now I'm free, there are no strings on me!"

Brian Barnes said...

There's some good art here, thought a little light on the backgrounds -- but the colorist just murders it. Whole pages with nothing but blues and yellows, and most everything else just dull. It's really sort of sad, and it's why some of this looks so much better in B&W or re-colored to rescue it from some of these pretty poor jobs. At least none of the colors are offset!

You can't puppeteer horizontally, but I'll give the ghosts a break!

gerard said...

I loved this one.More puppet stories please!

Mr. Karswell said...

I'll have to dig around for more puppet stories, but there are definitely lots more in the archive, just use the search engine at the top of the page and keyword "puppet." Thanks for the comments!

UP NEXT: A trip to the hair salon!

Grant said...

I was as surprised as everyone else at what happens to Ellen. She seems to have "plucky heroine" written all over her.

Mr. Cavin said...

Ha. I was just finally coming to chime in about how much I like the coloring here. There's hardly ever enough neutral two-color gray in these things, and it makes the dark frames in this one really seem under-lit and noirish. Good stuff!

Happy New Year!