Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bob Powell's TERROR: Yoe Books Cover Vote!

The latest hardcover collection in Craig Yoe's "Chilling Archives of Horror Comics" book series focuses on legendary comic creator, Bob Powell. With his truly distinct, one of a kind style, Powell helped shape and define the Golden and Silver Age of comic books, working for the Eisner-Iger studios in the late 1930s and launching a multitude of timeless characters like Sheena and Blackhawk, as well as pencilling the now infamous "Mars Attacks" original trading card series, just to name a few. Yoe Books' covers all of this amazing comic book history and more, and then pummels you with a huge selection of terrifying stories from Powell's best pre-code horror work, (culled from Craig and Karswell's own private collections!) And now the big question: "

Which cover do we use for the book?


















After you decide which of the 4 gruesome ghouls we should put on the cover, head over to Yoe Book's Facebook page to CAST YOUR VOTE! Simply click "like" on your frightful fave, and if we get over 100 voters, we will draw 3 names to win an autographed copy of the book! Please help spread the word, and if you're not a Facebook friend to Yoe Books already, simply go HERE and join all the other cool comic book creeps by clicking the "like" button!

NOTE: Voting ends Fri. Sept. 2nd at midnight. Winning cover and book winners announced on Monday September 5th at noon. Don't wait, VOTE NOW!!

11 comments:

Prof. Grewbeard said...

i don't do Facebook so i can't vote, but i like #4 best, looks more threatening...

Mykal Banta said...

No question. #4. Ditto the Prof. - I'm not facebooked.

Mykal Banta said...

PS: Go Yoe!!

Mr. Cavin said...

This is really interesting. Nobody who *does* do Facebook seems to much like number four. Number two is mostly being avoided, also (I think it's the cross-eyed look that people are voting against).

While I do "do Facebook," I do not use my account to endorse things, "like" products, etc. It's just about chatting with friends. So I am unable to vote for my fave in this contest, either. I'm not all that alarmed because my favorite is winning by an enormous lead. But I'm sad that I'm not eligible for the drawing.

I can't wait to buy a copy of this no matter what the cover turns out to be.

Trevor M said...

Well I sure voted! It was 1 or 4, and I picked 1 because I thought it caught the 1950's comic book zombie look really well and it "sells" better than the others. I can see the appeal of 4, though. That Bob Powell had such a strong graphic sense, this will be a book worth having. Good luck with it.

Drew said...

The 3rd and 4th Powell drawings are from stories in Harvey Comics' BLACK CAT MYSTERY #36, June 1952.

Please tell us which comics the first two are from...thanks.

Unfortunately, I don't belong to Facebook, either. Could it be that most of your readers don't come from the "Facebook generation"?

Mr. Karswell said...

"Facebook Generation?!" Tell that to my 82 year old grandma who facebooks like crazy. Silliest thing I ever heard!

Thanks to everyone that voted... your name will be entered to win a free AUTOGRAPHED copy once it's available.

Drew said...

"Silliest thing I ever heard!" Tell that to all your readers who responded above...

So do you know the answer to my question about the first two pictures?

Mr. Karswell said...

>Tell that to all your readers who responded above...

Who, the Prof and Mykal? They're the two silliest guys I know!

I'll have to double check on what issues those first two Powell images are from... I'll post the answers on facebook, haha. Thanks Drew!

HEH said...

#1, please! Can't wait to see this book!

Mykal Banta said...

Kars: "Who, the Prof and Mykal? They're the two silliest guys I know!"

I think I can speak for Prof in this regard when I respond: Oh, fluff and poodle poop!