Last month we featured a few frightening tales set in a funeral home, and now today we descend down into yet another eerie embalming chamber for a sickening sneak peak at the lonesome, psychotic life of the absolute most deplorable mortician of all time. Yep, he's definitely got a few problems with a few people, not to mention a few rather macabre momentos hanging in his f-f-f-freezer. If you've ever wondered exactly how hard one person can literally F up everything they touch, well... here ya go! Marty Elkin goes full blast on the gory deets, and Dick Beck delivers one of the most iconic precode horror covers of the 50's, ever! From the April 1953 issue of Mysterious Adventures #13...
2 comments:
I like this one a lot. I am reminded of Hebert West - Reanimator, by HPL. I wonder if there was a little cribbing there.
Eben should have known that their might be a reckoning for his actions, if not in this world then the next. Had Eben used his head, he would have cremated the body parts and dumped the ashes in a convenient patch of quicksand, (there is always a convenient patch of quicksand in these tales.)
Eban's second mistake was his pursuit of Ann, guess he never heard the old expression 'There's plenty of fish in the sea'. If Ann isn't interested, there are other women out there in the world.
Suppose Eban met and fell in love with a vampiress, it would be a match made in ghoul heaven, she goes out every night to grab a bite to eat and Eban gets a steady flow of customers. I wonder if there was a horror comic story out there with that plot.
I do feel bad for Eban, if he hadn't been mocked and bullied by the townsfolk he might not have turned evil.
"I don't play monsters. I play men besieged by fate and out for revenge." Vincent Price.
Post a Comment