Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Feast of the Dead!

When the Spirit Halloween stores start poppin' up around your area, you know it's finally time to get serious about what you too are going to be wearing this All Hallow's Eve! You still have 50+ days to get your act together, but just once I'd love to see someone get as serious about their horror presentation as the corpse mutilatin' madmen depicted in today's atmospheric beast of a feast terror tale from the Sept. '54 issue of Crime Mysteries #15. Good lord this one is insanely inspired, and hysterically gruesome, --even by 'ol Mr. Karswell standards! And not to be a spoiler sport here or anything, but fyi Shaggy and Scoob never encountered cemetery cosplay quite on the same level as this! These goons really go for the gold. Oh, while we're at it, don't bother checking Spirit for gas-filled balloons, radium glow cloth, and steel knives 'n grippers, they don't carry any of that stuff...

1 comment:

Glowworm said...

I like Jim and Doris. They make a great team. I love that panel of the cemetery guard rushing in freaking out over the ghouls. The second panel of page five of the dead guy looks great too. The plot is pretty crazy but I like it. The graverobbers get points for creativity.