Monday, January 23, 2012

ZOMBIES

They're coming to get you-- ZOMBIES! Edited and designed by Eisner winner Craig Yoe with an introduction by the host of the popular "The Horrors of It All" vintage comics blog, Steve "Karswell" Banes, Zombies follows in the footsteps of the "Dick Briefer''s Frankenstein" and "Bob Powell''s Terror" as the third not-to-be-missed book in The Chilling Archives of Horror Comics!















From the banned 1950s horror comics that Dr. Fredric Wertham of the U.S. Senate and mothers didn't want innocent children to devour comes a terrifying and timely anthology of comics of the undead... Zombies. These gruesome mini-masterpieces are hauntingly delineated by some of the Golden Age''s greatest artists: Jack Cole, Bob Powell, Howard Nostrand, Wally Wood, Gene Colan, Lou Cameron, Reed Crandall, and others at their very best. The nightmarish scripts of the unstoppable living dead will make your spine freeze over in terror!

Publication Date:
May 22, 2012 --click HERE to pre-order from Amazon NOW!

7 comments:

Phillyradiogeek said...

I'll be plugging this at my Twitter account "Zombie Sophia."

https://twitter.com/#!/ZombieSophia

Prof. Grewbeard said...

wow, really? awesome! did you choose the cover image too?...

Andy 7 said...

Still didn't get the Bob Powell book yet but it's great to know Yoe's putting out more vintage gore.

Mykal Banta said...

You know I'm there! I've got it on pre-order!! I can't wait to read your intro!

Trevor M said...

This one should be a best seller in this field just based on the cover alone.

Mr. Karswell said...

>I'll be plugging this at my Twitter account "Zombie Sophia."

Thanks Philly! Very much appreciated!

>awesome! did you choose the cover image too?

Like I said over at AEET, these Harvey zombie covers by Lee Elias pretty much choose themselves! How could this NOT be the cover to a zombie collection???

>it's great to know Yoe's putting out more vintage gore.

Craig and I have TONS of stuff lined up for you rabid horror fans-- STAY TUNED!

> I can't wait to read your intro!

Pressures on now, eh? Well, I'm no M. R. James or Cornell Woolrich, but I guess I can get the job done when I put my half eaten brain to work. Thanks Myk!

>This one should be a best seller in this field just based on the cover alone.

That's what we're hoping for!

Thanks for all the great comments, support, and interest you guys (and ghouls), I'll have more news for you in the coming weeks about other related projects of horror!

SpaceLord said...

Wonderful!
Just keep them coming.