Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Santo Double Feature

Another Santo Double Feature hits stores today containing two classics: Santo en el Museo de Cera (aka Santo in the Wax Museum) and Santo y Blue Demon en el Mundo de Los Muertos (aka Santo and Blue Demon in the Land of the Dead.) Wax Museum has been available for many years in translated versions, Land of the Dead I have not seen on DVD yet, at least not here in the US. This new release from Nuestro Cine Clasico is typically presented in Spanish only, but as many of you know, these films really need no English to be fully enjoyed as they’re all pretty much endless action… and you can’t beat the price for two films with this much lucha fun and monster mayhem!

Click HERE for more info!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

SANTO IN THE WAX MUSEUM IS AWESOME, ITS ONE OF THE FEW SANTO FILMS I'VE SEEN. I LOVE THE ARTWORK ON THOSE ORIGINAL POSTERS

Xande said...

Santo rules!! all that lucha libre culture is a lot of fun, and the graphics, like the posters, are always something else. I bought last year a box containing 4 movies. Lots of fun!

Karswell said...

Santo films are so much fun, I'd almost compare them more with tokusatsu TV shows of the 60's and 70's than with actual film. And yes, the poster art is just as fun as the movie, I particularly love how on the Mundo de Los Muertos one sheet they just lifted an entire element from Corman's House of Usher poster with the girl in the coffin:
http://www.impawards.com/1960/house_of_usher.html

No shame...

scary film reviewer said...

i definitely love how some of the dvd's that are being released are the "R" rated versions with full frontal female nudity. I missed out on those when i used to see them on channel 22 late night with commercials every 2 or so minutes.

Balaoo said...

I have seen just about 25 Santo and Blue Demon movies! I'll want more!

Xande said...

recently I bought the book Mondo Lucha a Go-Go. I expected more posters inside, but it's a very nice book, that I recomnd if you are a lucha libre fan.

Karswell said...

>Mondo Lucha a Go-Go

I've seen this book and it is great fun. Even better though is Lucha Libre by Lourdes Grobet, highly recommended for fans of classic masked wrestling!

Xande said...

uhmmmm, interesting. i'm gonna look for it.