Friday, July 18, 2008

Nightmare Castle

DVD Drive-In is reporting that Severin Films will present the first official DVD release version the 1965 Barbara Steele chiller NIGHTMARE CASTLE. The original negative of Amanti d’oltretomba has recently been discovered in a Rome storage vault and apparently in good condition. Severin will be creating a new uncut HD transfer in its original aspect ratio, plus a new 75 minute interview with director Mario Caiano. More news on the release date as it becomes available. Bye-bye grainy old PD versions!

7 comments:

silvano said...

You can't go wrong with vintage EC !
Thanks for sharing

Tenebrous Kate said...

Severin Films has my favorite tagline out of any company, ever: "The Criterion of Smut." Very very very nice :)

Anonymous said...

AMAZING NEWS, THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE STEELE FILMS!!

I THINK SILVANO POSTED ON THE WRONG COMMENT

silvano said...

Yeah , I posted wrong and realized later the comments for the comic had to be posted above ; anyway I agree with you regarding this movie ...

Karswell said...

> "The Criterion of Smut."

I thought that was my tagline?

Kitty LeClaw said...

"Now I'm going to reward you with that same pleasure. Come, darling."

Kate: I keep waiting for The Real Criterion to do something about that ;)

Anonymous said...

A great Babs role! That end sequence is still incredible!