Saturday, June 14, 2008

Vincent Price Presents

I saw this cool bit of news over at Unspeakable Horror yesterday… the legacy of legendary horror film actor Vincent Price will stalk the comic aisles beginning this October as Bluewater Productions, Inc., has entered into an agreement with the estate of our favorite film icon to produce a new monthly comic book series titled, “Vincent Price Presents.”



The series will feature the iconic Price in a myriad of roles including host, muse, background player, and protagonist.The on-going series will showcase classic gothic horror elements, but will also include themes from Price’s past work in the mystery and suspense genres.

For all the details click HERE!

5 comments:

Horror pariah said...

Is this by the same guys who did the IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA sequel comic?cool.also,the possibilities for this series seem endless,hell,even Kirby did a splash page for a Dr. Phibes comic that's currently on eBAY,and i would have loved to see a Dr. Strange movie with Price in it(THE RAVEN came close though!.).

Dr.Phibes said...

I think you may have finally found something to convert me to comics.

Karswell said...

It will be interesting to see what they do with this series. To be honest I haven't been super impressed with much from Bluewater, I've flipped through alot of their titles at the comic shop but the art just doesn't grab me.

Anonymous said...

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN KARSWELL, SOME OF THEIR COVERS LOOK PRETTY GOOD BUT ONCE YOU GET INSIDE THE COMIC.....ERK!

Dane said...

Now I'm really looking forward to this! Fall of this year, hm? I'll have to find a way to get my hands on it in the first place, let alone remember it every month.

As far as the art concerns you all mention, I can see that ... the covers they show don't look very good to me either.