Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Man of a Thousand Faces

Finally available on DVD (again!) James Cagney gives an unforgettable performance as the great film star Lon Chaney in this new DVD edition of The Man of a Thousand Faces (‘57.) Although successful, the legendary film star led a life of a reclusive nature, earning him the reputation of the man of mystery. Man of a Thousand Faces traces this long-suffering talented genius through marriages, children and of course the roles that made him famous.

For more info click HERE!



+++++++++++++++++++++++

Man of a Couple Faces

Some people, mostly close childhood friends and family of course know me as Steve, or Stephen, named after my dad. Others know me as Punky from my days as the guitarist for Voice of God, and singer/songwriter / guitarist for Sons of Black Mass. And still others know me as Karswell, that loveable horror fiend and puppet master of The Horrors of it All. Recently I was asked by Matthew Maxwell, author of Strangeways: Murder Moon if I'd be interested in participating in a duel interview where it basically became the same set of horror comics related questions (written by Matt) but answered by both of us and then shared on each of our blogs. You can read mine HERE and Matt's will be posted later this week here at THOIA.

Also, I encourage everyone to check out Matt's book (see link above), it's a great dark horror fantasy werewolf western full of wild art and thrilling action storytelling.


Raggedy Ann vs. The Creature People ('74)
aka: Karswell and Sister Tammy: Halloween '74

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS ONE I'VE NEVER SEEN BUT HAVE BEEN MEANING TO FOREVER. COOL ITS AVAILABLE AGAIN AND MORE AFFORDABLE THAN EVEN USED COPIES OF THE ORIGINAL OUT OF PRINT IMAGE RELEASE

Karswell said...

I haven't seen it in years, but since I just watched a pile of old Chaney silent classics in the last few months it's perfect timing to watch it again.

Anonymous said...

it doesnt get much more 70s than wood panelled walls, hippy wall hangings and hi fi 8 track player

priceless

Matt M. said...

That coulda been my room. Only we didn't rate an 8-track player...

Horror pariah said...

Eh,the 70's i can't complain in retrospect,nice costumes.

B-Sol said...

How could you not love the wood-paneling, hi-fi and vinyl LPs?

Tim Beard said...

Damn, Karswell! I'm digging the tunes there. Pretty good stuff.

Dane said...

The interview was good reading - the questions were fairly deep and thoughtful and your answers were very interesting; I'm glad you did that (and linked to it).

Karswell said...

Thanks to anyone who bothered to read the interview. No thanks to those of you making fun of my wood paneled home!! Boooo...

Todd Franklin said...

Oh man I think my brother was a "Creature People" for Halloween back in '75. I've always remembered him going as some Creature from the Black Lagoon with a tux. Also, great interview!

Karswell said...

>Damn, Karswell! I'm digging the tunes there. Pretty good stuff.

Thanks Tim, all of the music is well over a decade old now, been trying to get a new album recorded for years and it just ain't happenin'. Anyone interested in those old recordings can contact me and I'll be more than happy to set you up with some CDs.

Kitty LeClaw said...

We are the Sons of God’s Revelations
Clawing away at the back gates of heaven
Thorns in the side of all in creation
Forging a war on Earth as it is in Hell

Casting the first stones aimed at the false lords
Hail Satan!