Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Santo y Blue Demon Contra Los Monstruos

Santo y Blue Demon Contra Los Monstruos finally arrived to DVD yesterday, (with Santo y Blue Demon en La Atlantida as a double feature.) If you’ve never seen a Santo film this may or may not be the best one to start with depending how campy you like your camp… but simply put, if you love luchadores fighting monsters as much as we do then Los Monstruos’s got it all:

Frankenstein’s Monster!
Vampires
(male and female!)
The Wolfman!
The Mummy!
The Cyclops!
The Hunchback!
Clones!
Zombies!


This release is typically in SPANISH ONLY but seriously, who needs translation from a Santo film anyway? Click HERE for more info! And see the trailer HERE!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'VE ONLY SEE A COUPLE SANTO FILMS BUT THEY WERE BOTH LOADS OF FUN AND THIS ONE LOOKS LIKE NO EXCEPTION! THAT CYCLOPS LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING FROM HR PUFFNSTUFF.

Karswell said...

>THAT CYCLOPS LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING FROM HR PUFFNSTUFF.

It's the goofiest thing of all time, my kid loves it.

Anonymous said...

Oh man I'm totally getting this!

Horror pariah said...

Yeah i love El Santo's movies too,it's just that his reviews of older films are so mean-spirited and biased...oop's wrong El Santo.(I'm referring to the guy who runs 1000 misspent hours.com).

Benjamin Hall said...

I own 6 lucha films, 3 of those with Santo in Spanish, and while I love them dearly, I've since seen two of his movies with subtitles and loved them even more.

I hope someone creates subtitles for all 40+ movies he made.

...

or I learn Spanish sometime soon.