Wednesday, April 9, 2008

More Werewolves!

BCI / Deimos have announced that the next releases in their Spanish Horrors Collection will be two Paul Naschy classics: Curse of the Devil and Werewolf Shadow (aka Werewolf vs. the Vampire Women.)

Available June 10th for $14.99 each, more info on the bonus features HERE at Fangoria.


The Vicar of VHS said...

I've got both these on the Anchor Bay releases that came out several years back, but I'll probably double-dip if the extras are good. A commentary with Naschy means an automatic purchase for me, I don't care if it's one of those Geico insurance commercials. :)

I was pleased to see they put the American edit of Werewolf Shadow, The Werewolf vs. the Vampire Women, on the disc--I actually prefer that edit.

Now where's Hunchback of the Morgue, and Inquisition, and Howl of the Devil, and Night of the Howling Beast? :)

Anonymous said...


Karswell said...

The Mummy's Revenge '73 would be cool to see in at least good quality someday too. It's wild that Naschy is such a legend yet many of his films seem to have just slipped right off the face of the planet.

Check out Ăšltimo Kamikaze yet, Vicar?

The Vicar of VHS said...

Ooh, Mummy's Revenge, good call! Boy, how I wish I could get my mitts on a copy of that... ;)

I haven't sat down with Ultimo Kamikaze yet, mainly because I want to be absolutely sure I can do it with no distractions and my fully undivided attention. As wild as things have been around the Vicarage lately, I haven't had that opportunity. But I will, oh yes, I will.

I've checked out a couple of others, though, at least one of which I hope to write up soon. but like I said, things have been crazy.