Saturday, April 26, 2008

Marvel Mummies


Nope, it’s not the return of The Living Mummy from the marvelous 70’s; it’s Marvel Adventures Hulk #13 (in stores this July 9th.) Synopsis: Hulk returns to NYC to find all the superheroes have been transformed into mummies. I’m assuming this is some kind of spoof on the whole current “Marvel Zombies” rage, (which to be quite honest is seriously losing steam what with the incredibly underwhelming last mini-series.) I guess we shouldn’t be too surprised if there are Marvel Werewolves lurking somewhere in the future too.

Click HERE for more info.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

MARVEL WILL DO ANYTHING FOR BUCK. I DO LIKE THE PAINTED COVERS ON THE MARVEL ZOMBIE COMICS BUT HAVENT REALLY READ ANY OF THEM.

Horror pariah said...

>Losing steam fast. Boy,you said it.i know people buying the series who don't even read Marvel comics or have ever,it's really drying up.and if they do go for a "Marvel werewolves"(how about MARVEL WOMEN?)concept,i predict that my ESSENTIAL WEREWOLF BY NIGHT TPB will suddenly actually be essential.

Chuck Wells said...

I believe that Marvel Gremlins are actually in control of their editorial department.

(Or is that marketing)?

Tim Beard said...

That's just awesome. I'm gonna have to pick this one up.

Karswell said...

I thought Marvel Zombies started off great with a wild concept (and those Suydam covers are awesome), but the Marvel Zombies 2 series was just flat out insulting to zombies in general. ie: A zombie's uncontrollable hunger will wear off and he/she will turn back to a normal nice guy/gal if it hasn't eaten a victim after awhile???!!!

That my friend is a SHITTY, cop-out story idea. I'm done with the Marvel Zombies...

The Vicar of VHS said...

>>I guess we shouldn’t be too surprised if there are Marvel Werewolves lurking somewhere in the future too.

Actually at the end of "Army of Darkness vs. Marvel Zombies" (which I got as a X-mas gift), Ash gets transported from the Marvel Zombieverse to--you guessed it--a Marvel Werewolf-verse. It's just one panel, but it's pretty funny.