Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

For those of you who enjoy stage play productions of classic horror fiction, Jeffrey Hatcher’s adaptation of Robert Louis Stevenson’s Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is currently making the theatre rounds, having premiered last January in Tucson AZ. Its part of Hatcher’s excellently produced “Victorian Monsters” trilogy which included spins on Dracula, as well as Sherlock Holmes. And while Dr. Jekyll doesn’t arrive in my hometown of St Louis MO for another whole year (argh!) I still thought I would kindly relay this news in case it comes to your city sooner… or later. And if you see it please let me know what you think!

For a review click HERE. And for those of you in St. Louis check out The Repertory page HERE for more information.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP, I WILL DEFINITELY HAVE TO SEE IF THIS IS PLAYING HERE IN MY CITY, OR AT LEAST ANYWHERE CLOSE.

Anonymous said...

Interesting, I missed Dracula but will not miss this one! Thank you.

Karswell said...

For anyone in St Louis who would like to maybe get together for this as a THOIA event, contact me at karswell@hotmail.com and maybe we can all pick a night to see it together and then a late dinner somewhere afterwards to discuss?

Max the drunken severed head said...

Thanks for the "heads up!" I may come to St. Louis at that time and join you!

Karswell said...

Great! Definitely let me know if you do!