Saturday, March 8, 2008

Army of the Dead (DVD)

Army of the Dead is a brand new, straight to dvd horror release that came out earlier this week and I’m curious to know if it’s worth renting. It looks kind of cheap but fun in a dumb, no-brainer, Raimi sort of way, but my kid loves Harryhausen-esque skeletons so I thought I’d ask. From the trailer it seems a bit mature in terms of bloody violence, if anyone can tell me anything I appreciate it.

Click HERE for more info and the trailer.


Synopsis: While searching Baja peninsula caves as part of an archeological expedition, a university professor and his students unwittingly unleash a long dormant curse. They soon find themselves in a life or death battle with an army of ancient skeletal warriors.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

haven't heard of this one but it looks okay from the trailer, of course so do most of the sci fi channel films until you actually try to sit thru one

Anonymous said...

LOOKS FUN TO ME! TAKE A CHANCE AND TELL US WHAT YOU THINK KARSWELL!

Karswell said...

>TAKE A CHANCE AND TELL US WHAT YOU THINK KARSWELL!

I've had to order a copy online as nobody bothered to stock it anywhere in my area. I'll let you know.

Dr.Phibes said...

I just saw it last night at Best Buy. My daughter, Doodles, found it first and immediately thought of me and Army of Darkness. Karswell, you need to drive into town to find these things.

Karswell said...

Apparently only 2 Best Buy stores near STL even bothered to stock it, the Bridgeton store and the store somewhere in Illinois (both are too far away for a movie that probably really isn't worth the drive in the first place. Or is it?)

Dr.Phibes said...

I read the box, but it looked kinda cheesy to me. Which is pretty funny if you know my movie collection. Sci-fi channel movies have burned me in the past. Alien Apocalypse comes to mind.

Anonymous said...

okay not a bad movie we watched it today. the fx are good but everything else is just okay and kind of low buget. also dr phibes, this was not a made for sci fi channel movie i was only comparing it to those in my other comment

Anonymous said...

I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIND THIS ANYWHERE IN MY CITY EITHER, WENT TO ABOUT A DOZEN DIFFERENT PLACES OVER THE WEEKEND. NOTHING........

Dr.Phibes said...

I saw a copy for sale at Blockbuster.

Karswell said...

I've already lost all interest...