Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Where the Wild Things Are (NEWS)

Today’s post is more for me and my son than anyone else out there reading this, but if you’re like us and obsessed with this timeless Maurice Sendak story then the news is this: a recent test screening in LA of Spike Jonze's new film adaptation of Where the Wild Things Are seems very positive as those lucky enough to have been in attendance have already been hitting the boards and proclaiming it’s gonna be great (when it’s actually finished.) Well, I know one kid who’s going to love it no matter what. And so will my son.

For more info click HERE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HADNT HEARD ABOUT THIS ONE! I LOVE THE BOOK TOO, MY KID IS PROBABLY STIL TOO LITTLE FOR IT BUT I CAN'T WAIT!

Anonymous said...

My kid will be really happy about this news, he's almost 11 and still loves the book.

Me too!

Karswell said...

It will be interesting to see what Spike does with this, I love the few photos I've seen so far, and if it's even half as good as Deitch's animated Scholastic version from the early 70's then I'll be happy.

B-Sol said...

This is awesome! I can't imagine what this is going to look like on the big screen. Such a surreal story. You can bet my kids and I will be front and center for this one.

The Vault of Horror