Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Visions of Death (BOOK NEWS)

For fans of Richard Matheson, Roger Corman, Vincent Price, Edgar Allan Poe, and horror films in general, comes this amazing limited edition, signed hardcover book containing two scripts Matheson wrote for Corman based on Poe's short stories, "The Fall of the House of Usher" and "The Pit and the Pendulum." These are Matheson's original scripts for the films and NOT transcriptions from the AIP movies so there are many differences. Also includes “making of’s” for both films, rare interviews with cast and crew (including Vincent Price), press notes and much more!

Click HERE for all the info and to order yours now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEING A HUGE FAN OF THESE 2 FILMS AND EVERYONE INVOLVED THIS LOOKED VERY PROMISING.......AND THEN I SAW THE PRICE TAG!

OUCH!

Karswell said...

Yes, that is quite a chunk of change. But it is a limited printing of only 500 copies and signed by Richard Matheson too.

Anonymous said...

This does look a bit pricey but still essential. I'm always interested in anything Poe or Vincent Price related. Most surprising to me is the fact that Richard Matheson is still alive. I thought he died years ago.

Horror pariah said...

Im gonna have to flip a coin whether to get this or that Mario Bava thing for Francomas....

Dr.Phibes said...

This looks like a great Christmas gift! Karsell has a picture of him with Matheson. I have a picture of Karswell I guess I'll have to get signed.

Dr.Phibes said...

Typo.... I meant Karswell not Karsell.

Karswell said...

>Karsell has a picture of him with Matheson.

Dr Phibes is correct... I met Richard Matheson when I still lived in LA a few years back. He was doing a signing at Dark Delicacies in Burbank for his (at the time) newest book. Nice guy, but he refused to shake my hand for some reason?!