Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I Was a TV Horror Host (BOOK NEWS)

John Stanley hosted "Creature Features" in the San Francisco-Bay Area for 6 years (‘79-84), and met some of the greatest entertainment icons of the 20th Century. With an historic overview of creepy storytellers from the early days of movies and radio, this pictorial history, including 559 photos, updates Stanley's exclusive interview material with Vincent Price, Christopher Lee, Ray Harryhausen and many many more! The result is a swirling cauldron of fascinating media history.

Click HERE for more info and to order yours now!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS LOOKS LIKE A FUN READ TOO. LOTS OF COOL BOOK RECCOMENDATIONS LATELY KARSWELL, MY XMAS LIST JUST KEEPS GETTING LONGER AND LONGER, THANKS!!

Anon E. Mouse said...

Ahhhh, Creature Features! I'm a long-time East Bay resident and fondly remember Stanley!

Thanks for the heads up, Karswell!

~ Anon E. Mouse

Karswell said...

We had Creature Features here in St Louis MO in the 70's and possibly early 80's but (if memory serves me correctly) our host wore a mad scientist kind of costume, or maybe it was more like a London After Midnight thing?

Maybe Dr Phibes remembers...

Dr.Phibes said...

I remember watching the movies, but I can't recall the host. I found that I have a soft spot for some of the movies I remember watching as a youngster. 2 films in particular I remember watching and liking to this day are Shock Waves and Madhouse.

Karswell said...

>Shock Waves and Madhouse.

Yes, both are classics.

Jo said...

Thanks for yet another heads up. :)

Anonymous said...

>Thanks for yet another heads up.

I get a "head's up" everytime Jo leaves a comment (if you know what I mean.) What a cutie!