Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hail Satan! (NEWS)

This Friday night, December 21st, TCM presents two of the greatest satanic film masterpieces of all time. First up, Häxan (1922) an early silent film from Denmark about witchcraft and the religious persecution of practioners and their subjects during the middle-ages. And afterwards it’s Val Lewton’s incredible devil-worship classic The Seventh Victim (1943), starring Tom Conway and the always haunting Jean Brooks.

Check TCM for more info and showtimes in your area.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE SEVENTH VICTIM IS EXCELLENT. NEVER HEARD OF HAXAN BECAUSE IM NOT UP ON SILENT MOVIES......... BUT IF THAT PICTURE IS FROM IT THEN I MUST CHECK IT OUT!

Anonymous said...

two of my favorites!!

Karswell said...

The picture is indeed from Haxan, and from one of the best scenes too. There's alot of incredibly well done satanic imagery in this film, especially for the time it was made. I seriously can't reccomend it enough.

Horror pariah said...

There's an awesome bootleg VHS of this out that's actually better than the DVD,either way,it's recommended viewing for all horror fans.

zen wizard said...

Tell me you meant, "Hail, Santa!" and you're just dyslexic.

Karswell said...

>Tell me you meant, "Hail, Santa!" and you're just dyslexic.

I am not dyslexic and I definitely did NOT mean Santa.

Dr.Phibes said...

Hail Satan!

Jo said...

Thanks for the heads up! I have yet to see either of these. TCM, AMC, and Scream TV make tv worth while, even more so during the writers strike.

zen wizard said...

Well, I wasn't a theology major, but Satan is usually not happy with just some stale cookies by the tree and some straw for his reindeer.