Monday, October 1, 2007

Vampires vs. Val Lewton (NEWS)

This Friday October 5th on TCM--- it’s an entire day of great classic horror! First you get 7 vampire films: The Vampire (’57), Return of Dracula (’58), Dead Men Walk (’43), The Vampire Bat (’33), Last Man on Earth (’64), My Son the Vampire (’52), and Return of the Vampire (’44.) Then later that night it’s Val Lewton’s turn to scare you to death with Curse of the Demon (’58), Cat People (’42), I Walked with a Zombie (’43) and The Leopard Man (’43.)

Click HERE for more info and times in your area!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

TIVO TIME!!!!! THANKS

Anonymous said...

If it's vampires vs Val Lewton then I'm afraid to say that Val Lewton has already won this battle!

Karswell said...

I agree... that doesn't mean though you won't have a good time with all of the films though!

Anonymous said...

To paraphrase ALIEN VS. PREDATOR;whoever loses,we win.really. i'd rather watch the worst film in this marathon than what they crap out today,i mean how long is it gonna be till we have to sit through BEN STILLER & OWEN WILSON MEET FREDDY KRUEGER or METHOD MAN & RED MAN MEET CANDYMAN? hopefully never.so let's just sit back and thank god(?)for marathons like these.yea.

Karswell said...

It really is all about QUALITY horror films, which apparently don't exist anymore. I have the MONSTERS HD channel which shows a mix of old and new but mostly shit... how many times have you seen me make a NEWS post about anything airing on there? I mean, if you're interested in Wishmaster 4 or all day Children of the Corn marathons then I'll be happy to update you... but don't hold yer breath.

Anonymous said...

I HAVEN'T BEEN VERY IMPRESSED WITH MONSTERS HD EITHER......WHEN I FIRST GOT IT I THOUGHT IT WAS THE GREATEST CHANNEL EVER BUT EVERY MONTH ITS JUST THE SAME 20 MOVIES ROTATED OVER AND OVER, AND YES MOST OF THEM ARE SHIT.

Karswell said...

My EXACT thoughts too, as well as another friend of mine. We've noticed each month they might add one or two previously unaired films to the monthly schedule but it surely isn't enough, especailly considering the world of great horror films out there still that nobody is doing a thing with.