Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Turner Classic Monsters (NEWS)

Another reminder about Friday Horror Fests on TCM! This week, the 19th, get a full day of classic terror from the silent era all the way up to the swingin' 60's! SEE! The Brain That Wouldn't Die ('62), Soul of a Monster ('44), I Bury the Living ('58), Tomb of Ligeia ('64), Abominable Dr. Phibes ('71), Dementia 13 ('63), Berserk! ('67), Scream of Fear ('61), Die! Die! My Darling! ('65), Mark of the Vampire ('35), Freaks ('32), Devil Doll ('36), London After Midnight ('27), and The Unknown ('27.)

Click HERE for more info!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

tivo box overload!!!!

Anonymous said...

How can they be showing London After Midnight? It's a LOST film! I think Karswell is trying to pull a fast one.

Dr.Phibes said...

What a collection of movies! This is a great night of television. Where did Karswell get my wedding photo?

I read something about London After Midnight existing as a stills restoration. Apparently, there were several hundred photos from the film that were put together. I've not seen it, but I guess this is what is showing.

Karswell said...

>London After Midnight existing as a stills restoration

That's exactly what this is, they've aired this many times over the last few years, I saw when it first premiered and it's interesting if not a bit tedious at times, but it's totally worth watching for horror buffs.

Anonymous said...

Oh,it's worth seeing,even as just a curiosity,you'll be amazed at how quickly you get used to it.(im'talking about LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT.along with HOMUNCULUS(1916),the cut scenes from METROPOLIS and BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN,its one of the most sought after films,wonder if those are the movies you see in horror heaven...or perhaps a bit lower.)apart from SOUL OF A MONSTER im familiar with all the others,and quite frankly happy with the selection.

Anonymous said...

This is a great grab bag of horror, I realize this is October but still I never knew that TCM showed so much excellent horror films until I started reading your blog.